NIT Delhi has started its academic session in 2010 with three undergraduate B. Tech degree programmes in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Electronics and Communication Engineering and Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The academic activities of NIT Delhi were initiated at NIT Warangal in year 2010 which later moved to a temporary campus at Dwarka, in New Delhi in June 2012 and now currently running at IAMR Campus, Narela (February 2014).
Placements: The Training and Placement Cell of NIT Delhi centrally handles all aspects of campus placements for the graduating students of all the Departments. The T & P Cell is well equipped with excellent infrastructure to support each and every stage of the placement procedure. T & P staff members assist in arranging Pre- Placement Talks, Group Discussions, Written Tests and Interviews etc. as per the requirements of the different recruiting companies.
Top recruiters for NIT Delhi are-
(GBS), IBM (GBS), L&T Construction, Balmer Lawrie, Maz Digital, Ramco, Sapient Nitro, Hughes Systique, PAYTM- ONE 97, Amazon, Trident, World Quant , World Quant , Mu Sigma, NVIZION, Akash Institute, ETAASCON, Reliance Communication
Currently, there are following four departments functioning in the institute:-
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Science & Humanities
Research and Development: The NIT Delhi has laid great emphasis on theoretical and experimental research. Thrust areas of research include- VLSI and Embedded Systems, Mathematical Modelling of fluid Dynamics, Advanced Magnetohydrodynamics, etc.
Faculty: There are about 25 faculty members at NIT Delhi. The faculty-student ratio is 1:31.2
- It is housed on the first floor of the building with beautiful surroundings and is in centre of the campus which is easily accessible from all departments and hostels. The library is growing rapidly with exponential increase in number and variety of collection to serve the information needs of the readers in the field of Social Sciences & Humanities and Engineering & Physical Sciences.
- The Computer Centre maintains and manages WiFi facility through rack mounted blade servers in the campus. They have High speed (single mode) fiber backbone which is managed by Layer 4 Switches providing 250 Mbps (1:1) bandwidth Speed. Also, these networking facilities are also extended to Hostel and Residential areas.
- NIT Delhi has acquired hostel accommodation at the following two locations
- INT Dwarka Campus- Sector 9 Dwarka New Delhi
- Satyawadi Raja Harish Chandra Hospital Campus- Narela New Delhi