In higher classes, we interact with the periodic table which is so vast that can’t learn easily without any tips and tricks.
As we have studied in earlier classes that periodic table gives the names, atomic mass, atomic number and etc.and help in solving chemistry problems.
Here are few tips which would help you to learn easily:
- Hoping you guys have heard of mnemonic or Hindi sentences, which many naughty children use during school hours or when they are with friends.
- S-BLOCK element has similar physical and chemical properties.
- Group 1 include lithium(li),Sodium(Na),Potassium(K),Rubidium(Ru),Caseium(Cs),and Francium(Fr)hence known as alkali metal.
MNEMONIC FOR THIS GROUP: LiNa ki Ruby Cse Friendship hai.
- Group 2 includes Beryllium(Be),Magnesium(Mg),Calcium(Ca),Strontium(Sr),Barium(Br),and Radium(Ra).hence known as alkali earth metal.
MNEMONIC for this group: Beta Mange Car Scooter Baap rone se Razi
- This block contains non-metal, semi-metal and poor metals.P-BLOCK element the last six group of the periodic table(group 13 to 18) have their own valence electron.
- GROUP 13 is known as Boron group and it consist of Boron(B),Aluminium(Al),Gallium (Ga),Indium(In),and Thallium(Ti).
MNEMONIC for this group: B A G I T
- Group 14 consist of Carbon(C),Silicon(Si),Germanium (Ge),Tin(Sn),and lead(Pb)and known as carbon group
MNEMONIC for this group: Chemistry Sir Gives Sanki Problems
- Group 15 includes Nitrogen(N),Phosphorus(P),Arsenic(As),Antimony(Sb),and Bismuth(Bi) and known as nitrogen group.
MNEMONIC for this group: Nahi Pasand Aise Sab Bhai
- GROUP 16 contains Oxygen(O) sulphur (S), Selenium(S), Tellurium(Te), and Polonium(Po) and are these are known as oxygen group.
MNEMONIC for this group: Oh! Style Se Tel Polish
- Group 17 Fluorine (F), Chlorine(Cl),Bromine(Br),Iodine(I),and Astatine(At) and these groups are known as Halogens.
MNEMONIC for this group: Fir Call Kar Bahaar AayI Aunty
- Group 18 consist of Helium (He), Neon (Ne), Argon (Ar), Krypton (Kr), Xenon (Xe), and Radon (Rn) and known group of noble gasses except Helium.
MNEMONIC for this Group: He Never Arrived; Kara Xero Run pe Out
D-BLOCK contains elements of group 3 to 12.and group 3 to 12 are known as transitional elements, whereas and group 12elemnets are known as post-transitional elements and have completely filled subshell.
- Period 4 contains elements Scandium(Sc), Titanium(Ti), Vanadium(V), Chromium(Cr), Manganese(Mn), Iron(Fe), Cobalt(Co), Nickel(Ni), copper(Cu), and Zinc(Zn).
MNEMONIC for this group: Some Take Veno’s Cough Mixture For Colds, NiCuZ.
Period 5 contains elements such a Yttrium (Y), Zirconium(Zr), Niobodium(Nb), Molybdenum(Mo), Technetium(Tc), Ruthenium(Ru), Rhodium(Rh), Palladium(Pd), Silver(Au)